Holidazed
This post shall be a collection of all things ridiculous that happen in our natal villages this break.
I'll go first:
Scene: I've just arrived at my mother's house. The first thing my grandmother asks is whether I'm dating anyone. The answer: well, kind of, casually, sort of, I guess. So she latches on to that: "Oh! How wonderful! You should know how happy that makes us all. You know, we're all going to be so happy when you get married. Oh, gracious, I'm just so pleased for you!" And then she launches into a lecture on "keeping my clothes on" (I guess I shouldn't tell her this casual partner and I met at the naked party) and "not giving it away" (I won't even try to explain to her the dynamics of open relationships and casual dating) and "no nest, no nookie."
Holy Mary, Mother of God, help me survive these next two weeks.
I'll go first:
Scene: I've just arrived at my mother's house. The first thing my grandmother asks is whether I'm dating anyone. The answer: well, kind of, casually, sort of, I guess. So she latches on to that: "Oh! How wonderful! You should know how happy that makes us all. You know, we're all going to be so happy when you get married. Oh, gracious, I'm just so pleased for you!" And then she launches into a lecture on "keeping my clothes on" (I guess I shouldn't tell her this casual partner and I met at the naked party) and "not giving it away" (I won't even try to explain to her the dynamics of open relationships and casual dating) and "no nest, no nookie."
Holy Mary, Mother of God, help me survive these next two weeks.

3 Comments:
I've definitely had a couple of moments of wanting to click my heels and whisper 'there's no place like Team Butler,' though I'll admit it's not been anything so drastic as lectures on defloration. Guh. Good luck, dear. & when do you go back to Providence?
Wait: it gets better.
My mother gives me a blazer for Christmas. Interview-costume sort. It's... mmm... a bit big in the bust. My mimi: "No worry. Just stuff your bra, and you'll get a job."
I shove some tissue paper down my shirt. My brother: "Now I'd hire you."
God I miss you all.
Hi. It's Kira. This Christmas miracle is that I love you all so much, this is the very first blog that I've ever checked on a regular basis. Kate!! Let's move into a communal home with a chosen family. We'll have a weekly reading club and discussion, a kick ass bicycle gang and carpool, will be "politically correct" with pride, and eat a shit ton of soy. Oh, and start a screen printing studio...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home