In honor of V-Day
So I'm definitely "that kid" (but let's face it; I always-already have been) who pored over theory texts to find textual moments tender enough to put on valentines. Here's my favorite bit to share with you all:
"Language is a skin: I rub my language against the other. It is as if I had words instead of fingers, or fingers at the tip of my words. My language trembles with desire."
—Roland Barthes, A Lovers Discourse: Fragments
"Language is a skin: I rub my language against the other. It is as if I had words instead of fingers, or fingers at the tip of my words. My language trembles with desire."
—Roland Barthes, A Lovers Discourse: Fragments

2 Comments:
How lucky! You are that kid, and I love that kid. Always already.
(Oh, hi, sorry, that was from Aubrey.)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home