i'm a little bit in love with the oregon state senate--
--who passed Senate Bill 2, which would outlaw discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. Their vote? 21 in favor, 7 opposed.
As one Republican Senator said, "I have received beautiful heartfelt expressions of thanks from gays and lesbians and parents of children who are gay and lesbian. In contrast, our office received an ugly expression of hate from a caller who said, 'We should do what the Bible says to do. We should take them out and stone them.'"
Classy.
Also, I miss you guys. FYI.
As one Republican Senator said, "I have received beautiful heartfelt expressions of thanks from gays and lesbians and parents of children who are gay and lesbian. In contrast, our office received an ugly expression of hate from a caller who said, 'We should do what the Bible says to do. We should take them out and stone them.'"
Classy.
Also, I miss you guys. FYI.

2 Comments:
Aubrey, that's WONDERFUL!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you, dear! Your reactions = the most gratifying ever. <3
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home